Tuesday, June 12, 2007

An affair to remember...

As a cardinal rule I don't like to post pictures from my weekend: nameless people doing nameless things, where you habitually 'need to be there' to understand the joke, with the flash on or off pending on lighting but always with the same 'doesn't excessive cough syrup make us all fabulous friends' smile, fine for the photogenic, but not so fine for the bungled and bemused that make up the masses outside of the weekend nightclub photos in Beat Magazine; however I believe this series of jpegs is cause for an exception to said rule.

My dear friend for many, many a year and chairman of the Megatron basketball team, is leaving for America this week (to teach basketball to sixteen-year-old girls in Maine nonetheless) and the following is a sequence of photos taken from his going away shindig this Friday past. From what I remember, we spoke mostly of the opportunity, the amazing experience and the potential for emotional growth, to be honest though, these snippets seem to tell a different story with each viewing.

"I know this is hard for you to understand,
but it's the best thing... for both of us"

Cat Stevens' Father and Son scores the moment.

"Don't be that way, I'll write,
you'll meet someone new"

Will I though? Will I..?

"...don't...ever....let....go..."

Suburbia.The smoke, the garbage bins, back to the camera, sailor's hat, the garage door open. A Gus Van Sant film.

No comments: